5 Truths to Remember When You’re Anxious
- God wants you to remember that He is good and gracious – and compassionately cares about you.
“The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made” (Psalm 145:8–9).
- God wants you to remember He is with you when you’re fearful.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).
- God wants you to talk to Him when you feel anxious.
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
- God can use counselors and other wise people to help you manage anxiety.
“Where there is no guidance the people fall, But in abundance of counselors there is victory” (Proverbs 11:14 NASB).
- God wants you to take care of yourself physically and spiritually.
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come” (1 Timothy 4:8).