YOUR DEDICATION TO GOD MUST BE YOUR HEART DESIRE IN THE YEAR 2019.
HOW TO START 2019 WITH GOD?
PASTOR JOHN SIGUDLA
Now in mid autumn, when the Israelites had settled in their towns, all the people assembled together as one person at the square just inside the Water Gate. They asked Ezra the scribe to bring out the Book of the Law of Moses, which the LORD had given for Israel to obey. 8:2 SO on October 8 Ezra the priest brought the scroll of the law before the assembly, which included the men and women and all the children old enough to understand.
3He faced the square just inside the Water Gate from early morning until noon and read aloud to everyone who could understand. All the people paid close attention to the Book of the Law. 4Ezra the scribe stood on a high wooden platform that had been made for the occasion. To his right stood Mattithiah, Shema, Anaiah, Uriah, Hilkiah, and Maaseiah. To his left stood Pedaiah, Mishael, Malkijah, Hashum, Hashbaddanah, Zechariah, and Meshullam. 5Ezra stood on the platform in full view of all the people. When they saw him open the book, they all rose to their feet.
In everything there is a beginning and also as the year start, there is a beginning of new life, new hope, new anticipation, new readiness, new dedication, new looking forward to serve the Almighty God, new respect to one another, new preparation to give more than we use to give in the previous year. Can we look into this new beginning of the year 2019.
- The people came forward to the Priest Ezra and it was not
Ezra who went to the people.
- When the people were settled in their towns. Verse
- We are all from the year 2018 and it has treated us differently from our different lives.
- We are now over
with 2018 and 2019 has come and let us welcome his coming in style.
- The people gathered together as one person at the squire just as we are gathered together in this church this morning, first Sunday of 2019, which we normally do not spend it with you.
- Why were they gathering? That is the question and why are we gathering in the beginning of the year in this place?
- They gathered together for the Book of the Law of Moses which is the Bible. “They asked Ezra the scribe to bring out the Book of the Law of Moses,”
- That means they were thirsty for the Word and not full of all the festive season’s food and good time.
- They wanted to hear afresh for the new beginning of the year.
- They were thirsty to hear from above, Can we be like this people in the beginning of this year, seeking for the Word of God rather than concentrating on their New Year resolutions.
- Let the Word of
God be our first New Year resolution and we will see how great things is God
going to accomplish with us in the year 2019.
- Ezra the Priest
never disappointed them, but he brought the book of the Law before the people.
- I beg to bring to you and submit to you for this year 2019, that the Word of God is the only remedy of our lives if we put it into practise.
- It is easy to hear the Word and that is not enough, we need to put that into practise in our lives. I urge you to go home and make a resolution that this year I want to see only 5 things to happen in my life about others, such as:
- Ezra the Priest never disappointed them, but he brought the book of the Law before the people.
- Bless someone with eternal life, winning a soul for Jesus this year.
- Visiting 10 people with the gospel of Jesus Christ every month.
- Visiting 5 Christians for prayer every month.
- Praying for my Church and my spiritual leaders every day, morning and evening and during the night.
- Give something
practical to someone that will change his way of thinking and love God more
than he did before.
- The congregation composed of all the people.
“This included the men and women and all the children old enough to understand.” Verse 8:2
- As the year start, Sunday school, you are needed.
- As the year start, Fathers, men you are needed.
- As the year start, Mothers, women
- Young people and young adults you are all welcomed.
- No one is supposed to be left outside of what God is just about to do for all of us in this beautiful year of 2019
- EZRA TOOK HIS POSITION. Verse 3.
- Please as the year start; let every one of us take his/her position in the church, at home, at your working area, and in the community.
- The church exist to impact the communities where the church live.
- You cannot take a position that you don’t know, therefore know your position first and thereafter, occupy your position without fear.
- Move away from other people’s positions please and stick on your position.
- Ezra knew his position and he went straight to his position. God is going to use you mightily if you stand on your position not on other people’s positions.
- Worshippers enjoy your worshipping as you lead us, you are doing a terrible and destructive work in the kingdom of the devil as you praises God. The devil hates you that is why you are under attack always.
- Ezra read aloud the Word of God. Verse 3
- The people listened attentively to the word, as much as today we see people listening attentively to lies, we need to change the culture of listen, that we make a resolution of listening to the Word of God attentively rather than listen to lies and gossip.
- We must make a decision of reading and studying God’s Word more than spending our time on the social media. The highest percentage should be the Word of God more than the social media. That is a decision you ought to make intentionally.
- Monitor that decision closely and gauge whether you are winning or you need more help. We are available to help you.
- THE PLACE OF THE PULPIT AND CHURCH ORDER.
4Ezra the scribe stood on a high wooden platform that had been made for the occasion.
- Each and every
platform has something to do in the lives of the people. E.g. when a politician
addresses us, he stood on something like a platform, elevated to be seen, above
everyone as a point of attraction.
- Same in the house of God, the pulpit must be respected and not each and every person can stand on the pulpit. We are going to account of whatever we say on the pulpit.
- Pulpit derives from two words ‘PUL’ and PIT. Meaning the person standing on the pulpit has the great work of Pulling people out of Pits. In English we don’t use the word such as Pull if it goes with another word such as Pit. We omit the last L since there are two LL then it becomes Pulpit not PULLPIT .
- These pits which stand for holes are many, some for Christians and some for sinners. All of us have some holes that the devil has thrown us in as Christian such as :
- Excessive hatred to others that is a pit.
- Broken communication between couples.
- Broken relationship between children and parents.
- Broken relationship between Christians of one denomination to another.
relationship between Christians of the same denomination/church. Etc.
- The preacher has a great work to accomplish, pulling the people out of all these holes and this is a serious process. If you don’t get out, and run away from this church, God is waiting for you, where you are going, same message you run away from is waiting for you where you are going.
- Please pray for the pulpit ministry, it is a very serious and most hated ministry by the devil. Why do people sleep during preaching? Why do people leave the church during preaching, why do children make lot of noise during preaching time, why do babies cry during preaching time?, why do we have disturbance during preaching time? Those that were with me in Marapyane they know what happening during preaching time. Why do people curse and make lot of noise during preaching time.
- Why after preaching everyone cooperate as if we are all Christians, have you heard people speaking positively about the message after a funeral or a church service. Praise and worship team will not be blamed but the pastor with his message from God will be the point of discussion as they will be eating at home.
- All the people paid close attention to the Book of the Law. Verse 3.
- This is my prayer for this year that you pay attention to the Book of the Law. You can disrespect me as a mere servant of God, would you please pay attention to the Book of the Law. Why!!! Because we are what we are because of the Book of the Law.
- You can disregard me as a pastor, but please don’t disregard the Word of God.
- When God speaks to you, you better respond regardless of who is preaching the Word of God to you.
- If God says “Come to me all who are heavy laden and I will give you rest…” He really means that, there is rest in God.
- When God’s Word says Luke 6:38 “Give and it shall be given to you…” he really means that.
- All the people paid attention to the Word of God during the time of Ezra, to whom are we paying the attention today, man or God!!!!?
- 6Then Ezra praised the LORD, the great God, and all the people chanted, “Amen! Amen!” as they lifted their hands toward heaven. Then they bowed down and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
- People stood as the word was being read, they were not told to stand on their feet, but as a reference to the Word of the Master, they willingly stood up.
- When they saw him open the book, they all rose to their feet.
- When they saw Ezra reading the Book of Law, they stood up.
- This means we
need concentration in the Church, not our minds being torn around by many
things, more especially our Cell phones that are being visited time and again
when the service is on.
- Ezra praised the Lord, the great God.
- Al the people chanted, Amen! Amen” as they lifted their hands towards heaven and not towards an individual.
- The people bowed down and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.
- What a powerful way of worshipping God.
- All hearts concentrated on what was happening as they worshipped the living God.
- No person looked at another person, but they were all clued to God their hope.
- This is exactly that I am appealing to all of us this year 2019; let us look unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith.
- Let us please god rather than pleasing one another, then we shall be friends to all.